We communicate about health every day. So in all transparency, we want to embody the healthy lifestyle that we read, write and strategize about day in and day out. With that simple, yet at times very overwhelming idea in mind, we launched the Spectrum Fitness Challenge to kick off National Physical Fitness and Sports Month.
Running from May 7 – July 6, it is both an individual and team challenge to bring out the competitor in each of us. At the end of the Challenge, the individuals and team with the most points will be named the overall winners, along with a few other award categories like most improved and most consistent. From yoga classes to a running club, as a company we’re working together to stay in shape, one step at a time. What will help us succeed in the Challenge are some of the same qualities needed when you work in PR – the qualities that contribute to Spectrum’s success. Here are a few:
- Discipline: It takes discipline to work out on a regular basis. You have to train yourself to put in the time and the effort; on some days, you come in early or stay late to get it done. Agency life takes discipline – balancing demanding client work with family and social lives isn’t always easy, but we work together to get it done.
- Team spirit: We know that we have to work together – playing off of each other’s strengths and balancing each other’s weaknesses – to win the competition. We’re together every step of the way, cheering each other on as we work to reach our goal. Whenever you talk to anyone at Spectrum, you’ll hear about our team. The people here are what make us who we are – team players who have worked together for longer than most and understand what it takes to win.
- Competitive edge: Each team wants to be the best, and we let the other teams know it. Just three days into the competition, teams are already figuring out what they need to do to win. While it’s all in good fun, we’re strategizing to determine what it’s going to take. At Spectrum, we use this competitiveness in a positive way to drive results for our clients and have a little fun along the way. So you just got a hit in Forbes? That’s amazing! Now I better do my best to get a hit in The Wall Street Journal.
- Self-motivation: Ultimately, you have to be the one to get yourself to the gym or out for a long walk or run. Friends may drag you along, but it’s up to you to get in shape and stay there. Here at Spectrum, we set high expectations for ourselves in terms of everything we do – from client service and networking to Spectrum marketing. Yes, we’re all in it together, but we know that we have to push ourselves to achieve success.
- Measurable results: As part of the competition, we’re tracking our results so we can analyze our team and personal success and figure out how we can improve for the next Challenge. To measure our improvement, we’re using the first week as a baseline. When it comes to agency work, we’re consistently tracking and analyzing results to see what worked, what didn’t, and how we can apply what we learned moving forward; as we initiate work with our clients, baseline measurements are a key part of this.
Stay tuned for more updates about our competition. We’ll take you along with us as we do our best to stay in shape, and we’ll share our stories of what it takes for us to Just Do It.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.